Saturday, December 5, 2009

Dec 12th China

ok.....We got our son yesterday.....Gotcha day....let me just tell you how cute he is. The day of events was exciting yet very overwelling.

Today we fly to his provence and checked into the hotel and was told that we were suppose to meet the guide down staires at 3:30pm.

We were there at 2:45......

Then Don, I and another couple went to the orphange building and when we walked into this big room there was 2 babies. We all stopped and didn't know what to do, then the guide said oh no those are not your children.

So then the babies left and we sat down then babies came and left and came and left. It was like a total tease ok is that him....no...ok is that him....no. I thought for sure that the moment I saw him I would reconize him but each baby that walked in was Drew.

Then a baby came in and it was the little girl for the couple that we are with. I grabbed my video camera and cried as they held there daughter for the first time. She was a little fussy at first but than she was ok.

We waited .....and waited.....then our guide told us that Drew was on his way that he was stuck in traffic.

So we waited....and waited.....then about a hour later he comes in the room with a woman holding the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. Yes it was Drew. The lady said something to him and then said here is Mommy and handed him to me. It was like 2mins later I was told to come into this room and the three of us got our picture together and then Drew by himself.

He cried so hard.He was so scared and confused. He was the loudest child there.

By the way the the other couple grabbed my video camera and I don't know how much he got of the first meeeting with Drew but I never cried I wanted to stay calm for him and because he was making such a fuss they rushed us out of the building and back to the hotel. He cried about half way to the hotel and then he was starting to calm down when Don said hello to him and man it started all over again.

Ok let me back up a little while were we waiting for Andrew to arrive this large group of Canadians came in the room this couple walked up to us and it was the weirdest conversation now that I look back on it....but they were waiting for the same car load that we were and we talked about where we were from and how the trip was getting here but nothing about how excited we were while waiting.I knew that we were all emotional but it never came up in conversation......weird.....

After we got our pic taken Don held Drew for the first time and boy that really got Drew upset. I could tell on Don's face that it bothered him a lot but I didn't say anything when Drew held out his arms to me and I took him back. I think because of all the crying he was doing and the large group that was just gettting there babies that they took us out fast.

He got to the hotel and Drew and I went up to the room while Don went with the guide shopping for diapers and formula. I told Don that Drew had on way to many clothes on and I think that the reason he was so fussy. He was scared and very hot so when I got up to the room I started taking off the clothes he had on to check his diaper and get some new clothes on him. He had on 4 tops and 4 bottoms he cried the whole time. I changed his diaper and put on some cooler clothes and then him and I sat on the floor and I gave him his toys and we played. His favorite was this music box thing that hangs on the crib and the little bowls that I brought to put cherrios in and spoons.......oh and paper..........

About 20 mins later Don walked into the hotel room and there Drew and I were happy playing on the floor....Don said wow he looks and sounds like a completly different kid then when I saw him 20 minutes ago...........

I played with him for about a hour and then we dicussed going down to eat dinner in the lobby.....

So we called Don's mom and Dad and my Mom and Dad and let them talk to Drew......

I gave him a couple of cookies before dinner and he loves Chocolate.....Thats my boy.

Then we went down to have dinner and there were chinese men in the lobby that were looking and smiling at Drew. He was so cute, at dinner he had some ice cream and then was full of energy. WOW

I am surprised last night I gave him a bottle and layed him in the crib and he was fine, about an hour later he woke up and was a little fussy. I held him and then layed with him on the bed and then he fell asleep and he is still sleeping. He has slept from 9pm until now which is 5:30 am. I am just surprised that his first night with us was kinda easy, almost too easy. He has some marks on his back that I took pictures of just in case.

Today we are going to pay for him and then shop. He is 12 months but in a couple of months with American food he will grow out of it, so if anyone asks 18 months clothing.

2 comments:

LESLIE SMETAK FOR GUV. WI. said...

We are so happy!! Glad he is settling in so well!! Cann't wait to meet and hold him!!
Love, Hugs and Kisses Mum & Dad aka Grampa & Grama

Jamie Griffin said...

Dorrine, I am so so so happy for you!! I can't wait to see pics of your family!

Love and hugs!
Jamie