Friday, December 11, 2009

Dec. 10th, 2009

Dec 10th, 2009
We got into Beijing China and got off the plane now this is where we were confused and tired and confused....we got off the plane and we had to go through quarintin check point....which we had to fill out this paperwork which made no sense to me or Don..but we filled it out as much as possible and then we went through check point. then we had to go through immigration. Which was another form we had to fill out....then we had to go through customs which was difficult we had another form to fill out but of course no one could help us cus we spoke english...I think they finally passed us through without filling out the customs form....I dont know why cus I dont speak chinese but I think it was a quick fix to keep us moving...then we took a train ride to pick up our luggage and then we headed out and we found out tour guide.....Ok here is a quick thought...lets have the tour guide with us right after we get off the plane before all the paperwork instead of at the end of it all....total time to get to our tour guide 65 mins......Expericence Priceless.....Oh while in the airport I didn't know that tour guide made it and that we might have to get a taxi and directions which was written in chinese to get us to the airport....So we stopped and got some chinese money just in case.....The airport will charge u a fee to get your money transferred from Dollars to Yuan......So i got 30 american dollars and turned it into about 200 Yuan which the airport kept 50 Yuan for the fee....
Ok the tour guide takes us to our hotel and we check in and I order food which I had no clue was I ordered...but I can tell you that don't buy food in the hotel...it is expensive. a soda cost almost 5 american dollars and the food well lets just say I got 3 sodas and rice and the 30 dollars I got at the airport in Yuan was all gone....
So by the time I got into the room it was 12:30 am and we had to be in the lobby waiting at 8:30 a.m for the next day tours....I tried to sleep that night but I was going over the days events and I would sleep a hour and be up a hour.......So 6am getup time came pretty fast......

No comments: