Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Our Paperwork

When Don and I started the paperwork it was very overwhelming. There was so much paperwork I could I made a book. There were background checks, fingerprints, City, state, county, and federal checks. Medical checks, letter from Doctors. and tons of blood work involved. Previous taxes, letter from Insurance company, net worth, pet vaccinations, Car insurance policy, insurance polices. Ect...ect.... Just when we thought we were done, our adoption agency gave us more. Don and I had to drive to Minnesota in November of 2005 to get fingerprinted for the federal check.
In December of 2005 we recieved our Homestudy. We both were one set closer to getting our little girl. Our dossier ( which a list of paperwork and pictures ) were finally finish being translating into Chinese and was mailed off on Feb 24 2006. We then go notified from our adoption agency that China logged in our paperwork on March 22, 2006. DTC date(Dossier to China) and LID date (Logged in Date ) . When we talk to other people adopting we go by the DTC and LID. Also in March we recieved a packet of information that was 1/2 english and 1/2 Chinese. Which was from the US consulate in China. I later found out that the paperwork has to be brought with us to China.. I was really confused with the maps in Chinese which I think goes to our guide, but I could be wrong......

No comments: